- Luke: I mean you look distracted.
- Lorelai: Distracted? No, well, maybe, yeah, distracted, okay, sure, I'm very distracted.
- Luke: Anything I can do?
- Lorelai: You know there are very few times in my life when I find myself sitting around, thinking 'I wish I was married.' But today... I... I'm happy, you know? I like my life, I like my friends, I like my... stuff. My time, my space, my TV.
- Luke: Yeah, sure.
- Lorelai: But every now and then, just for a moment, I wish I had a partner, someone to pick up the slack, someone to wait for the cable guy, make ME coffee in the morning. Meet the stupid sink before it gets shipped back to Canada.
- Luke: What happened?
- Lorelai: I just thought I had everything under control, but I didn't and the inn is just falling apart. This has been my dream forever and I have it and it's here and I'm failing and I can't handle it. I just spend every minute running around and working and thinking and I thought I would have help but Sookie has Davey and Michel has Celine and I'm -- I can't do it all by myself! And I don't even have time to see my kid anymore. Hell forget see her, just even talk to her, and I miss her. And I sat there in my parents' house just listening to my grandmother basically call me a charity case and I couldn't even argue with her! I couldn't even say anything, because I am, I'm running out of money! And I was going to ask you for thirty thousand dollars at dinner tonight, that's how pathetic I am.
- Luke: Thirty thousand. Wow, um. Well, okay. I mean -
- Lorelai: I don't wanna talk about it. I don't wanna think about it. I'm failing. I'm failing.
- Luke: You are not failing. It's okay.
- Rory: You know, I have actually thought about this moment. A lot. What would Jess say to me if I ever saw him again? I mean, he just took off, no note, no call, nothing, how could he explain that? And then a year goes by. No word, nothing, so he couldn't possibly have a good excuse for that, right? I have imagined hundreds of different scenarios with a hundred different great last parting lines, and I have to tell you that I am actually very curious to see which way this is going to go.
- Jess: Could we sit down?
- Rory: No. You wanted to talk, so talk. What do you have to say to me?
- Jess: [Jess pauses a second]
- Jess: I love you.
Cold, cold, cold, cold, icy feet. Stupid, frozen tundra house. Honey, why are you sleeping in here? Your room is way warmer. Okay, here is the question for today kids: What the hell are the Eskimos thinking? I mean yes, the hoods are cute but it’s always cold, always! Plus you have to eat fish for breakfast and you have to eat whales and polar bears and penguins and Santa Claus. Coffee’s on and Pop-Tarts are pop-tart-ing! If you’re just gonna lie there I’m just gonna have to sit here. I’m gonna have to make myself very comfortable on my nice warm Rory!
— Lorelai Gilmore, “Nag Hammadi Is Where They Found the Gnostic Gospels”